We have seen Android Wear watches from LG and Samsung and they are mostly made of plastic. But now Com1 is looking to launch its new square-faced, metal-clad Android Wear watch made of either Aluminium or Stainless Steel. Another advantage of Com1 is that it is only 10mm thick with a battery life of around 2 days. The metal body of the watch comes with standard Black Strap or a White Strap based on whichever you choose. The project has been listed on crowd funding site Indiegogo and you can pre-order is now.
Com 1 smart watch is IP67 waterproof to 1m and has a 1.6 inch AMOLED display with a 320 X 320 resolution. It also has the usual set of sensors including 3-axis gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer, Pedometer, GPS, Heart Rate Sensor, Pressure, Humidity and Temperature.
The watch comes in both aluminium and stainless steel frames with a choice of black or white rubber strap or you can upgrade to brown leather or stainless steel strap. On the connectivity front there is Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC and also features a FM radio.
Hardware Specs of Com1:
- CPU: 1GHz XBurst-based Ingenic JZ4775
- Dedicated 2D graphics engine
- VPU (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VC-1, H.264, VP8, RV9), [email protected]
- 256KB L2 cache RAM
- 512 MB LPDDR1
- 4 GB eMMC
- WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n at 2.4/5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR (BLE Compliant)
- 1.6” AMOLED Display , 320 x 320 resolution, 16.7 Million Colors , LED back light, Brightness: 300 cd/m^2.
- Touchscreen support
- 3-axis gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer, Pedometer, GPS, Heart Rate Sensor
- Pressure, Humidity and Temperature
- Audio: DMIC, speaker
- Power: USB and 400 mAH Battery, with PMU and a custom magnetic lock 4-pin charger.
- Battery life of 2 days (approx.).
The watch is listed on Indiegogo with a starting price of $125 and goes up to $170 based on the watch case and perks involved. You can pre-order it from here. The developers are hoping to ship Com1 in January 2015 if everything goes fine with the manufacturing.
What is your take on Com1? Share your thoughts!