I own a LG G Watch and I am hating the company for releasing the next model, not because its too early but because LG just announced their next watch, R and it looks freaking awesome, it is closest to the type of traditional watches the world wears. If the press images look exactly like the watch, its even better than the Moto 360.
Things get even more exciting when you get to know that it also uses the LG’s P-OLED tech which was used in the LG’s Smartphone – Curve. It makes it flexible enough and also makes it possible for Android Wear to completely utilize the watch face.
- 1.3 inch, full circle, P OLED display.
- Clear display under sunlight readability and when viewed from any angle.
- Houses 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 400 processor, 4 GB internal storage, 512 MB RAM.
- 410 mAh battery (I still doubt how long it will last)
- IP67 certification makes it water proof for upto 30 minutes under one meter of water
- HRM Support using the photoplethysmograpgy (PPG) sensor
- Built using Stainless Steel
- Skin Leather Strap
That said, the watch will be announced in IFA 2014 at Berlin which is next week. Looking at the specs and technology used, I am pretty sure the watch is going to cost a bomb compared to its existing G Watch which is the reason, LG may release this only in key market.
What’s your thought about this?