Motorola has announced the second generation Moto 360 smartwatch at the IFA 2015. Moto 360 was first announced last year and this was one of the popular Android Wear powered smartwatches. The company has announced the second generation or Moto 360 2015 version of the watch. With the second generation, the company has refined the classic and timeless design and created a watch collection specifically designed for men, women and fitness enthusiasts.
You can customize your Moto 360 in the Moto Maker design studio. Now, you can choose from additional bezels, colors, materials, even a new double wrap band.
The new Moto 360 comes in two variants for Men, the original 46mm and the smaller 42mm. There is also a variant specifically for women with 42mm body.
Specifications of Moto 360:
- Display : Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Backlit LCD
- Mens 42mm and Womens: 1.37” (35mm), 263ppi (360 X 325)
- Mens 46mm: 1.56” (40mm), 233ppi (360 X 330)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU (APQ 8026) Adreno 305 with 450MHz GPU
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyroscope, Vibration/Haptics engine
- Mens 42mm and Womens: 300mAh – Up to 1.5 days of mixed use with Ambient off. Up to a full day of mixed use with Ambient on.
- Mens 46mm: 400mAh – Up to 2 days of mixed use with Ambient off. Up to a full day of mixed use with Ambient on.
- Wireless charging with charging dock included
- Memory: 4GB internal storage + 512MB RAM
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Microphone, Dual digital mics
- P67 dust and water resistant
- Heart rate monitor
Motorola has also announced a new Moto 360 Sport which is aimed at fitness enthusiasts. It comes with Motorola AnyLight display is the world’s first hybrid screen that automatically adapts to the level of natural light around you. There is also built-in GPS to track your movements. It comes with a strong silicone construction with special UV coating wicks away moisture and resists fading or staining, while side ventilation channels help you stay cool.
Price and Availability:
Moto 360 will be available in various countries across North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Starting today in the U.S., you can pre-order your own Moto 360 on Motorola.com, Google Play and BestBuy.com. It will be available starting in late September at Nordstrom, Best Buy and Verizon. Availability and ship times vary by style. Prices vary by design and range from $299.99 – $429.99.