I have been an avid user of Fitbit, and one that I miss all the time is a reminder from the App, to tell me that I am walking less these days. While this feature is missing in Microsoft Band as well, A third part app for Microsoft Band is here to help.
Named as Walk Reminder, the app connects with your band and keep tracks on how active you been. If your steps get low or your activity is low, it will send a reminder to your band to remind you of that. This is an excellent solution for those like us who sit and work a lot.
- Prompts you to walk every 15 to 30 minutes or more.
- If you don’t walk for X number of steps, you can get a reminder.
- Configure the range of time between which the steps should be track.
- Does not prompt you when you have an appointment in your calendar.
- Comes with Tile feature with notification support.
- Windows Phone just restriction on how often the app runs in the background, and its restricted to every 15 minutes or so.