Back at the Google i/O developer conference in July, Google had announced Google Fit, a new app which is related to the fitness and health platform. This app will aggregate and collect your fitness data at one place, so that you don’t have to use multiple apps to track the data. Google Fit uses sensors already built in to your Android phone to automatically detect walking, biking and running. And you can set and monitor your fitness goals based on your activity levels.
It’s a great tool to discover how active you are and check in on your progress as you work on your fitness goals. The app is compatible with Android phones, web, tablets and Wear platform.
Features of the app:
Effortlessly track your activity:
- Just carry your phone and get access to your walking, running and cycling activity.
Reach your fitness goals:
- Set goals based on either duration or steps and see your progress throughout the day.
- Receive performance-based recommendations for activity goals.
A comprehensive view of your fitness:
- Connect third party devices and apps to Fit and we’ll show you all of your fitness data in one place.
- Compatible with all Android Wear devices.
You can also connect your favorite fitness devices and apps like Strava, Withings, Runtastic, Runkeeper and Noom Coach to Google Fit. Google Fit is available starting today on Google Play for devices running Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich and above.