It’s impressive to see that even though Apple watch is not officially launched in India, HDFC is ready to launch their app for the smartwatch when it enters the Indian market. In a web conference that took place in 6 major cities in India, HDFC showcased their app live, along with the details about the app today.
Features of Apple Watch:
HDFC Apple Watch App will come with 10 major features during the launch with 4 more in the pipeline.
- Account Information – Users will be able to view their HDFC bank account details, including details about Savings, Current, FD, Demat, Mutual Funds, and Credit Cards.
- Recharge Mobile and DTH
- Request A/C Statement
- Request Cheque Book
- Locate Nearest ATM
- Locate Nearest Branch
- View Discount Offers
- Call the Bank
- Hotlist Debit Card
- View Messages From the Bank
The features that had not made their way yet are:
- Pay Bills of Pre-Added Billers
- Pay Bills through Active Notifications
- Get Notified About Offers Based On Location
Like all the watch app, HDFC App will not need a separate installation. Its merely an extension of the app you install on your phone, and works without you needing to enter password. However, they have made sure to password protect it, and also when you take off your watch, the sessions expires. Also, the session spans around 5 minutes tops if you are not using the app.