Jawbone’s latest and greatest fitness tracker is now up for pre-order on the company’s website for $179. Jawbone claims that UP3 is the world’s most advanced tracker, and they aren’t too far off here if we look at all the sensors it packs inside. From tri-axis accelerometer to Heart rate monitor to skin temperature, it has them all.
The UP3 measures heart rate using a bioimpedance sensor, which Jawbone says is more accurate and allows for greater context than the sensors used in some competing products. UP3 is also capable of monitoring temperature, respiration rate and galvanic skin response, in addition to the usual steps, sleep and calories.
Jawbone is keeping the original UP and UP24 on sale still (at $79.99 and $129.99 respectively), while the new affordable Jawbone Move is up for pre-orders at $49.99.
The Jawbone UP3 band is made of anodized aluminum and Tin coated stainless steel, and is water resistant up to 10m. It weighs around 29g and comes in a single size which should fit most hands. Jawbone is promising a battery life of up to 7 days with the 38mAh battery inside UP3, which of course will depend upon the activity levels of the users.
Below is a list of features on Jawbone UP3
- Bio-impedance sensors like Heart rate, Respiration and GSR can track and monitor your heart more effectively.
- Smart Coach has gotten smarter. It gives a deeper insight and more personalized tips.
- Advanced sleep tracking
- Wireless syncing using Bluetooth. No need to manually sync and upload data to the app.
- Can differentiate between the activities, from running to basketball.
- Water resistant up to 10m, enabling you to swim and dive without having to worry.
- Smart alarm feature silently wakes up at optimal moment in your sleep cycle.
- Connect with your friends/family to get motivated and inspired.
- Food and drink logging
- Three single color LEDs: Blue for sleep, orange for activity, and white for notifications
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices