Back in August, LG had announced the second smartwatch in the G Watch series, the LG G Watch R and this was also showcased at IFA 2014 in Berlin. The device comes with a 1.3 inch, full circle, P OLED display and is powered by 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 400 processor with 4 GB internal storage and 512 MB RAM. It has a clear display which can be read under sunlight and also when viewed from any angle.
LG has now announced that the G watch R will go on sale in Korea starting next week.
Coming to the pricing of LG G Watch R, it is slightly expensive than the first generation model. The G Watch R will go on sale for about $332 (KRW 352,000), compared to the original G Watch, which costs $250 (KRW 270,000). This pricing is for Korea and we have to wait and see the international pricing of the new smartwatch from LG.
LG G watch R Specifications
- Size- 1.3 inches Full Circle P-OLED (320 * 320)
- Chipset- 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Sensors- gyro/accelerometer/compass, pressure sensor, heart rate sensor
- Battery- 410mAh
- Memory- 512MB / 4GB
- Operating System- Android software (compatible with smartphones and Android 4.3 or later)
- Waterproof and dustproof- IP67 certification
- Weight- 62g
- Color- Black