Martain Notifier Smartwatches are one of those watches, which focus mostly on design, and support app notifications to keep you updated and least distracted. What is interesting about the watch, is that its analog with an integrated OLED screen, to brief you about a recent notification. The smartwatch is launched exclusively on Flipkart at a price of INR 9,999. Those who aren’t aware, Martian Watches™, is a USA-based developer of fashionable smartwatches.
- When used in conjunction with the free Martian Notifier App, you will automatically receive notifications — including Caller ID, texts, Facebook, Twitter, Weather, Email, Calendar, Instagram, Pinterest, favorite games, bank alerts, fitness stats, and any other alert your device allows.
- Over 200 apps are supported.
- You can also initiate voice commands on your smartphone’s speakerphone for uses such as “read text” while you’re on the move.
- Customize alert vibration patterns for eyes-free notification awareness.
- Choose which alerts are sent to your watch and which stay on your phone.
- Remotely initiate voice commands on your phone’s speakerphone.
- Silent alarms, hour repeater, virtual phone leash, find phone, camera shutter control, and more.
- The watch supports iOS and Android.
On the launch:
Michael Adnani, VP – Retail & Head – Brand Alliances, Flipkart say: “Wearable technologies have emerged as the next big consumer electronics category in the Indian market. We understand our customers need for more personalised digital experiences and are very happy to partner with a company like Martian that has proven success in the USA with their award-winning, modern, fashionable designs with the smarts built in.
Bringing the Martian Notifier to a worldwide market, especially a major growth market for consumer electronics such as India, provides a unique opportunity to help set standards in the Indian wearable tech market with our world class quality and great value,” said Jeffrey Hsieh, CEO of Martian Watches. “Consumers in India are looking for wearable technology that melds well into their daily lives with a personalized digital experience, and we feel a smartwatch design with style like ours is just the thing they are looking for and Flipkart is the ideal partner to help make this available to them.”
“India will be a specific focus market for Martian – and the Notifier line is just the beginning of fashionably smart watches that Martian will launch in India,” stated Kartik Iyer, Regional Head – Asia and Middle East for Martian Watches.
The design and notification system looks really nice, when you compare it to First generation of Android Wear, but I am still in doubt if the Indian market is ready for such expensive watch. There is another drawback, that it looks more of sports watch, and hence it will appeal to one particular category.
That said, the listing has not gone live yet, and we will be updating once it is live.
Update: The pre-order link is now live! [Thanks Navjot!]