Rumors been high and it just turned into reality. Microsoft has taken its first step into Fitness and Health with “Microsoft Band”, which is how the product is know. What is impressive about the band is that it works with all mobile platforms i.e. companion app are available on all platforms. The device is going on sale on Thursday at a price tag of $199 and is expected to last 48 hours on a single charge.
- Track both sleep and exercise.
- Comes with 10 sensors which can track Heart Rate, UV Sensor for sun exposure and help identify stress.
- It will connect with HealthVault. This will be useful if somebody wants to share their daily data with doctors.
- While its available on all platform, Windows Phone in particular get Cortana integration.
- It will work other third party tracking service like MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Jawbone and others.
- It can send text, call, and show email notifications.
- Guided Workout.
- Stays in sync with the calendar on your phone, reminding you of important events throughout the day.
- Comes with special connector but USB charging port.
Microsoft will have an edge over others, if the band turns out to be really good. While others are either not open or still working to get there, having the band working on all platform will give Microsoft better luck to get into this segment faster.
Where to Buy from:
Here is the buy link of Microsoft Band and it comes in three sizes which are small, medium and large.