Smartwatches are the latest trend and we are seeing almost every major company is behind this. We already seen Google launch Android Wear, the OS for wearables and we are expecting Apple to launch its iWatch. But apart from these, there are other smartwatches being developed with innovative features and one such watch is the Moment Smartwatch.
Moment is a new smartwatch which has been listed for crowd funding and it comes with 30-day battery, expandable hardware, a full QWERTY keyboard and a 360-degree touch surface all wrapped around the user’s wrist.
The watch comes with a display resolution of 320 x 240, with 16 shades of gray and a USB Micro-B connector. The Moment Smartwatch has a full QWERTY keyboard plus number row and you can respond to your incoming calls, text messages, emails, etc.. Using your phone and the app available for smartphone, you can even define your own instant messages. The keys on the keyboard are about the same size as the keys on your smartphone.
The Moment Smartwatch notifies you when messages and phone calls arrive and lets you privately read and answer them. You can just twist of your wrist you’ll see the time in the analog watch face.
Moment Smartwatch Specs
- 1.73” 150 DPI electrophoretic display
- display resolution: 320 x 240, 16 shades of gray
- Color customizable clock face
- TI Tiva C Series ARM Cortex M4
- Nine axis Digital Motion Sensor
- Multi-point, gesture enabled, 360 degree touch interface
- Dual mode Bluetooth and Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy)
- Audible alarm
- Vibration motor
- 820mAhr battery
- IP67 rating
- USB Micro-B connector
- Snapware interface
- < 100g estimated final weight
- approximate key size: 5mm x 5mm
- approximate touch surface area size: two halves each measuring 32mm x 100mm
- Optional charging cradle with USB connection
Here is a video on Moment Smartwatch.
Moment Smartwatch is listed on Kickstarer and the base price is $99 and you can back the project from here. The shipping is currently US only.