Wearables are getting into every form, shape and size but the hunt for a perfect wearable is still on. Today we found a wearable which wants to get a phone on your wrist. Meet Neptune Duo, a concept which is making a watch first, and a phone later, but still gives you an option to get a full-blown phone by extending it to a dumb screen. Still don’t get it? Take a look at the video:
Now, that sounds cool no? What we really liked is that they are making it a watch first and its going to have a curved display instead of square screens. This enables you to do more, see more and get more done. Some of you might think, why the need of a dumb display, then it’s for those scenarios where you need a bigger screen. Watching a video, gaming and editing a large document.
Specifications & Features:
- Quad-core processor.
- Support for 3G/4G.
- A pocket screen where you can mirror your band and use it like a complete phone. It’s a dumb screen which means you can use anybody’s pocket screen.
- The watch has 1000 mAh battery while the pocket screen has 2800 mAh. If that is sounding a lot, don’t be surprises, it’s not a fitness tracker but has mobile network capable.
- Supports Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth and NFC.
- Powered by Android Lollipop.
- You can make calls, send messages, stay connected with your social networks, track fitness stats, and much more, all directly on your wrist.
While it sounds cool and different, it’s still a concept that is looking for funding. You will have to pay as high as 800 USD or go low for 500$ if you fund it. However, the risk remains, most of the concepts don’t look as good as they look in the concept videos, so stay warned.