Pebble Time is the new smartwatch from Pebble and has been officially announced. The new Pebble Time is thinner, comes with a color screen, microphone and now listed on Kickstarter. The new smartwatch comes with a color e-paper display is easy to read and always-on, perfect for displaying incoming notifications and your favorite watch face. Compared with display technology like LCD or OLED, power consumption is minimized, enabling Pebble Time to achieve an industry-leading battery life of up to 7 days.
New features available on Pebble Time:
- Pebble Time with a new timeline interface.
- Pebble Time features a new color e-paper display and microphone for responding to notifications.
- No compromises on what you love about Pebble: up to 7 days of battery life, water resistance and customizability.
- Pebble Time is fully compatible with all 6,500+ existing Pebble apps and watchfaces.
- Three colors available exclusively on Kickstarter. Pebble Time starts shipping in May.
- Extra special engraving for our original Kickstarter backers who support us again
Pebble Time also features microphone which lets you send voice replies to incoming notifications or take short voice notes. The new watch will also have water resistance so you can swim or surf with Pebble Time. Pebble Time is 20% thinner than the original Pebble at just 9.5mm. The lens is crafted from scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass with a bezel made of stainless steel.
Pebble Time comes in three colors:
- Black watch case and silicone band with black PVD stainless steel bezel
- White watch case and silicone band with silver PVD stainless steel bezel
- Red watch case and silicone band with black PVD stainless steel bezel
Pebble Time is compatible with iOS8 and Android 4.0 and above. It is listed on Kickstarter for a starting price of $159 against the actual price of $199. You can also pick it for $179. More details available here.