Samsung had announced its latest smartwatch, the Gear S back in August and it runs on Tizen based wearable platform as its OS instead of Android Wear. Unlike the first generation watch from Samsung, Gear S comes with support for 3G via SIM card. Samsung Gear S comes with a 2-inch (360 x 480 pixels) curved Super AMOLED display and has a 1Ghz Dual core processor with 512MB RAM. There is also 4GB internal storage. One of the main features of the device is that it is able to make calls independently and supports 3G.
The smartwatch is now available in Samsung’s eStore in India for Rs 27900 and comes in black and white color options.
In case you missed the specifications of Gear S, here it is.
- 2 inch (360 x 480 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 1 GHz Dual-Core processor
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB internal storage
- Tizen based wearable platform
- 2G, 3G Call via SIM card, Bluetooth Call
- IP67 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, A-GPS/Glonass
- Health and Fitness- S Health, Heart Rate sensor, Nike+ Running
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Ambient Light, UV, Barometer
- Dimensions- 39.8 x 58.3 x 12.5T
- 300mAh Li-ion battery
The device has IP67 certification which means it is dust and water resistant. The fact that it can make calls independently makes it expensive. We feel Rs 27900 is way too expensive for a smartwatch. What’s you taken on Samsung Gear S? Share your thoughts in comments.