Today, Asus launched their first Android Wear powered Smartwatch at IFA, Berlin. Unlike others, Asus made sure that their first smartwatch doesn’t get unnoticed and were able to deliver by maintaining a balance between the design, price and functionality. While the watch doesn’t come cheap, the features looks good.
The first thing which I really liked about Zenwatch is its design which is way better than the Samsung and LG smartwatces. They made sure that instead of putting a flat design on the face of customer, a decent looking watch will get better attention. At a first glance, you would see that the display is made up of curved glass (2.5D / Amoled Display / Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3) and a genuine, stitched-leather strap which has a quick release clasp design. The overall effect should give customer a comfortable experience and elegant look.
So here is the list of Features You Should Know:
- Comes with pre-installed 100+ Watch Faces from Asus.
- In case you lose your phone, just double tap on the watch to find the phone.
- It comes with Remote Camera feature which allows to take photos from your phone. This means you can use your phone as a secret camera to take those shots which are almost impossible.
- Want to ignore a call? Cover the watch to mute the ring.
- Comes with integrated 9-axis sensor which allows it to be used for almost anything.
- Rings when you leave your phone behind
- Can be used to control your presentations at office. Also gives you idea of time by running a timer for each slide.
- Comes with a Wellness App from Asus which tracks relaxation-level.
- You can use the watch as fitness tracker as it can measure steps taken, calories burned, activity duration, heart rate, exercise intensity and relaxation level.
- What’s Next and Do It Later are two apps which are borrowed from the ZEN UI and both these apps when connected to Asus’s phone will sync. While What’s Next is an schedule manager that displays the next important task or event such as appointments—including time and location changes, as well as cancellations, Do It Later reminds users of items on their to-do list at just the right time. New email, text message, and missed call notifications.
Whats your favorite? Mine is TAP TAP!